August Favorites

First of all, Blogust was actually really, really fun. I thought I would struggle with content to post and succumb to posting a bunch of "50 Random Facts About Me" and whatever tags as fillers, but I just found so much to write about and so much that inspired me that I was able to avoid my fallback posts. I know everyone says you should post on your blog about things because you want to, not because you have to by a set schedule, and though I find that completely true and will definitely follow that in the near future I enjoyed coming up with new posts and finding new things to talk about every day! It kept the creativity flowing and I'm really proud of myself for keeping it up. I've gained over 70 new followers in thirty days on both GFC and Bloglovin' and it makes me so happy to read all of the wonderful comments that people leave telling me that they like what I'm doing! I will miss being able to post every day and interact with so many people, but (*ahem* perfect timing) school started this week and will definitely pick up from here on out, so I will use my blog as a little escape from all things booky and academic and focus on things I enjoy in my free time like beauty and fashion. Thank you to all of you who read, commented, and followed this month - I can't wait for you to see more of what I have to post from here on out! (:

Now moving on to the things in the photos that I've been loving this month... Let's start off with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Yes, I had heard lots of hype surrounding it but never did I think it would make such a huge difference in my makeup. I had originally applied foundation with my fingers, and then the RT Stippling Brush, but the Expert Face Brush has literally changed how every thing looks! It smooths everything out so evenly and covers all the nooks and crannies. I had never believed in the difference a single brush can make until I tried this. I've been using it every day for my liquid foundation and BB creams along with patting in my concealer and it works like a dream -- definitely one of my favorite finds of the year so far (and that's a big statement)!

I've also been accessorizing a bit more this month and two of my favorites have been my ASOS pyramid stud earrings that I featured in a little post earlier this month, as well as my simple chevron gold necklace from Forever 21. Both of these literally go with almost any outfit I put together -- the earrings as a statement piece or the necklace as a finishing item that pulls the whole look together. I really love how both of these add interest to my outfit and are such simple items that go a long way!

Now onto the makeup bits, here I've got the Benefit Dandelion powder blush, Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie, Essie nail polish in Big Spender, and MAC Eye Shadow in Sable. I've been really loving a simple look with a neutral eye and slightly pigmented lip that looks very natural and effortless, especially since school has started and I don't want to look too overdone for class at 9 AM. The Benefit blush applies like a dream and is such a pretty pink color that livens up the face, and Sable adds some depth to the eye to make me features stand out more on those groggy mornings. Berry Smoothie is also the perfect color to wear on an everyday basis as it darkens my lips just a little bit while moisturizing and still looking super natural and just swiped on. The one thing I will always indulge in is a bright nail color, and I've been loving this juicy magenta color for the summer time as well. I've kept everything super simple this month but it's always nice to find a routine that works because everything becomes a no-brainer and I don't have to spend as many brain cells trying to get myself ready in the morning as it does to pay attention to 90 minute lectures whilst taking 5 pages of single-spaced notes. Hurrah for August, I feel like I've hit a steady pace in terms of my beauty routine, and I can't wait until school settles down so I can feel like I have more of a grasp on my life as well. (: What did you love in August? Let me know!

18 comments

  1. I steal my mother's Benefit Dandelion blush all the time. It's a great product.

    Madeline Rose | Ring-a-Round a Rosey | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  2. great favorites! I love those earrings and the RT brush. All of the RT brushes are fantastic, imo.

    Kristina | Beauty With Compassion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this RT brush for applying liquid foundation! I really want to try that shade of lip butters too, I already have the watermelon colour but want something a little more toned down for going back to uni! X

    Taxi for Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always heard such great things about Mac's eyeshadow Sable, seems like such a pretty color! Love the earrings, studs are always a win :)

    Tara & Lani | Beautearose | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get some RT brushes. I keep seeing so many great things. I love the lip butters, too. My fav is sorbet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything on your August Favourites is somewhere on my wish list!! Haha I am so incredibly jealous - Great post! :) xx

    thriftyskies.blogspot.co.uk


    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the RT expert face brush, so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the blogging success!! I love my rt expert face brush too!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fave RT brush by far :)
    Great favourites lovely xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the RT brush too :) Such good brushes!
    Jenna x
    www.jennafifi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the Revlon lip butters, I have so many! Revlon are by far my favourite brand!

    http://laurenemma.blog.com/

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  12. these earrings are great, love them xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those earrings are so so amazing! I love them. P E R F E C T xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely nail polish colour, love all of these! I've been after a necklace like that for ages too! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Real Techniques Expert Face Brush revolutionised my life. I used to use one of those flat foundation brushes with awfully unmanageable bristles.

    Sable looks like such a pretty colour. I thought it has slight purple undertones at first.

    Good on you for blogging throughout August! It can be so difficult to find time so it's nice to hear other people's stories. It's a good way to get other people such as myself to step into gear.

    Sej || What Would Grace Kelly Say

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love those earrings & and I need to try Benefit's blushes...I'm still amazed and stuck on the THey're Real mascara and how perfect it is!

    Random P.S. I was your 100th Google follower! Yay you & yay me!! haha!


    xo, Manda
    www.iceonthegold.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just bought two revlon lip butters and I am in love!! xx

    Essie | The Li'l Sparrow

    ReplyDelete

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall