Get The Look: Spring




She's done it again, hasn't she? Universal girl-crush Miranda Kerr looks flawless for Spring 2015, and here I am wishing my skin also did that soft dewey glow thing and my lips turned the perfect pout. I came across this photo on Studded Hearts' blog and am dying to recreate this look. This luminous, simple makeup would be perfect for spring and summer, and I think I've compiled just the right mix of drugstore and high-end products for the task (sadly I don't own them all, but this doubles as a little wishlist too)!

I've tried the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation before and really enjoyed its natural finish. I think it would be perfect for achieving her effortless base. Benefit Hoola to bronze up the face and Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso to add that exact peachy shade on the cheek, topped off with NARS Illuminator in Copacabana that VelvetGh0st raves about gets you Miranda's flushed complexion. She has a pretty strong brow so I think a product like the Anastasia Brow Powder set with Benefit Gimme Brow would create a shapely arch, and to keep it simple with the eyes just a sweeping of MAC Mulch or a similar shimmery brown with a lightweight, natural mascara like Revlon Lash Potion on the top lashes would round out the look. Lastly, when I first saw this photo Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait immediately came to mind -- it's the perfect shiny, moisturizing, peachy pink shade to recreate Miranda's makeup. The NARS Illuminator and Peach Parfait lip butter are going on my list of beauty buys that I'll splurge on once I lift my makeup buying ban (because I've got to save up some cash to recover from all that holiday spending!). Any products you're interesting in trying this spring?


Products mentioned:
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation     /     Benefit Hoola Bronzer     /     Milani Baked Blush (Luminoso)
NARS Illuminator (Copacabana)     /     Benefit Gimme Brow     /     Anastasia Brow Powder
Mac Mulch Eyeshadow     /     Revlon Lash Potion Mascara     /     Revlon Lip Butter (Peach Parfait)


Glamour February 2015 Photo of Miranda Kerr from Studded Hearts

8 comments

  1. I love the minimal, dewy skin look for spring too :) The peach lippy looks great x

    thebellenarrative.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the looks stunning here, really want to try the nars illuminator!


    xx danielle // shadesofdanielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that dewey glow! Need to try and recreate this look!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so simple, totally doable everyday makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so tempted to go get it, but I'm trying to get through what I have now first... but then it's one of the top ones on my list :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guh I think everyone wants to look like that, it's just not fair for the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall