Fit Me! Matte + Poreless


Having recently dealt with my combination skin tending to be on the oilier side, Maybelline's new Fit Me! Matte + Poreless foundation display immediately caught my eye at the drugstore. A fan of the Fit Me! Concealer and having had moderate success with the Fit Me! Stick Foundation I figured it would be worth a try. The product packaging promises to mattify and refine pores, match your natural tone, and give a seamless finish. It's a standard liquid formula, not too runny but slightly fast-drying due to perhaps it's matte feature. I'd say the finish isn't completely matte like some of the heavier foundations I've tried but it gives light-to-medium coverage, evening out the redness in my skin. Obviously my dark studied-too-hard-at-the-library-last-night circles didn't get too much help from the foundation alone, but nothing some concealer can't attempt to hide anyway.

As for the poreless claim, as you can see it does smooth over my nose area and diminish the noticeability, but by hour 3 or 4 of wear my nose was definitely shiny and the foundation had begun to rub off. Next time I will try powdering my t-zone, even though this claims mattifying so I was hoping I could skip the extra step. My skin did look pretty natural and the rest of the foundation held up moderately well considering I didn't hate how it looked when I got home. My only concern is that I oftentimes get eczema breakouts and dry spots on my face and this would definitely cling to any patches. Word of caution: moisturize!! And have a backup for those dry skin days.



Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall