Inspired: Lena's Mix-and-Match Style

I really like the mix of simple and slightly feminine things with grungy touches like black, leather, and denim because I know I can't pull off anything too girly without looking uncomfortable (sugar and spice and everything nice is just not me). In the inspired photo Lena pairs a really sweet peach skater skirt and milkmaid braids with hard items such as black leather boots, leather sleeves, and a black beanie that captures the perfect mix-and-match style. This would be a perfect look to transition from the end of summer into fall because you can wear the coat and hat while it's chilly in the morning but still be comfortable when it warms up in the afternoon. I can totally see myself wearing this around campus, and even pairing it with tights for those days when the morning chill decides to stay a little while longer (which, trust me, happens all too often in these parts of town). I'm determined to go get myself some transitional skirts for summer that I can wear into autumn, and I'm down to hop on the leather sleeve bandwagon for the upcoming seasons. What can I say, a girl's gotta love some grunge sometimes!

13 comments

  1. So nice :)
    http://aveilt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that outfit! I'm definitely the kind of girl that would wear a girly skirt like that one with black leather boots!

    xx
    Tania
    thetaniadiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit, especially the beanie. Brandy Melville has the best! New follower!

    xo
    Jodi
    youngcatladyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the 'chic' tee from h&m is very lovely! :)

    from isabela at fusels.com | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. looking so amazing i realy love this selection
    check my blog if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've got the black beanie, but a tee version of it haha ! love brandy melville! x

    www.AvneeshnKaren.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I love the Mean Girls reference! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute style!

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall