The Body Shop Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil



I will be the first to admit that my skincare routine is seriously lacking. It's one of those things that I know is important but I just for some reason cannot be bothered to invest in. I have, however, realized that my Ponds Cold Cream was just not doing the job at getting all of my makeup off and I was rubbing away at the poor skin around my eyes which I'm sure is doing some major damage and causing, dare I say, the horrid "w" word... wrinkles. Insert The Body Shop Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I first heard about this in Fayesfix's July Favorites video and it sounded absolutely splendid.  The next time I had a little visit to my local mall I jumped at the opportunity to pick this up -- not to mention there was a 40% off all products sale going on (lucky me).

First off, the smell is not as great as Faye raved about in my opinion because it's a little... fake? I'm not sure how to explain, but I imagined a more natural scent rather than the slightly plastic-y chamomile that I smell. However, I squirt one pump into my palm, rub my hands together, and apply it right onto my face and with a few circular massaging motions most of my makeup melts off. It's not the prettiest of processes as I end up with rings of black mascara around my eyes and streaks down my cheeks as I rub the product in, but it's a magical transformation once I rinse with warm water and voilà, my naked skin shines through! Sometimes my laze just gets the better of me and I end my makeup removal with just this, but if I feel like I haven't gotten enough gunk out of my pores I will follow up with a cleansing foam. It works about twenty-eight hundred times better than my Ponds Cold Cream ever has, and the oil is so much easier to use than the gloopy mess my face encountered when I accidentally scooped too much from the Ponds pot. I haven't seen any drastic improvements to the softness of my skin or anything, but overall I am quite satisfied with the makeup removing power of this product and am glad my face is finally getting the proper cleanse it deserves.

The product retails for $18, which is a pretty hefty price tag in my opinion, however the bottle is 6.75 fl oz. and one pump a day barely makes a dent. I can also justify it because it's time I start investing in my skincare, and I scored a bottle for ~$10 with my 40% off deal. I'm not yet ready to commit to a full skincare routine every night (what night owl college student has time for that), but I'd say this is a good first step. What skincare products have you been getting into lately? I'd love to hear more recommendations for skincare newbies like myself!

1 comment

  1. I definitely want to try this out. I love REN skincare. Boots botanica also have some great products.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall