CoverGirl Eye Enhancers / Smoke Alarm



Do you see that pink sticker right there? That's what sold me on this palette, even though I know I have more than enough makeup to last me through... forever. This girl just can't stay away from a sale! And $3 for some retail therapy ain't too bad, so hello new CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Eyeshadow Trio to my collection. Here are my first impressions!

This palette is in Smoke Alarm, and features a cool-toned darker gray, frostier light gray, and a super wearable everyday taupe. It's the third shade that solidified my decision to buy this, thinking that it'd be a perfect everyday shade that's a bit cooler toned than my bronzier options. I was hoping they'd be a little more on the matte side of the satin finish seen in the pan, but they're actually a lot more shimmery when put on the skin. The color payoff is decent, though I had to swatch twice over to get a good, deep color. The product is a much better consistency than what I had expected from a cheapie drugstore eyeshadow and not chalky at all. What surprised me, though, was that on the eye (or at least on my skin tone, and used without primer) the taupe seemed to transform from a gray in the pan to a more brownish shade on the skin. I don't mind it too much since it's a universal neutral but it's not the change in my look I was hoping for... I will have to try it with a primer to see what happens. I was able to quickly create a no-fuss everyday eye using the taupe all over the lid, the lighter color towards the inner corners, and the darkest shade under the eye to bring some more definition and emphasis. I do like the palette overall as an easy travel option, so for the $3 investment I think I'll get a good return on use (this may be even the one I take for my winter trip to the east coast -- I'll keep ya updated!).

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall