September Favorites


Summer has finally come and gone (yes, even in weather-confused California) and so has the month of September. It's been an enjoyable month overall but here are some of the highlights!

I went all-in when breaking out the darker nails by sporting OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ on my fingertips for a good week or two this month. The brown-toned berry is a statement but really compliments my light-medium skin tone and walks the fine line between winter chic and grunge queen. Perfect.

So as not to overdo it with the dark products already, I've opted to keep up with a more moisturizing, light lip color this month. I re-discovered the YSL Volupté Tint-In-Oil in shade 4 I Rose You in my collection and have been wearing it almost every day. The color is very sheer and basically gives my lips a shiny boost, but the oil formula is super creamy and it smells divine.

On the cheeks the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine has made a comeback now that we've officially (can I say it without jinxing it?!) hit sweater weather. Stippling it on with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush gives the nicest flush of color that's been pairing well with neutral eyes. I've also been loving the subtlety of the Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Light Mauve, as it brings some color back to the face without being a prominent presence so I can highlight other features like eyes or lips. It does a fair job of satisfying my craving for Tarte Exposed blush at a fraction of the price, but I do hope to get my hands on the high-end version soon.

Onto some random favorites, I've been wearing my gold bar necklace and dainty double rings from H&M non-stop all month long. Super simple, very affordable, and surprisingly good quality, these pieces have added that extra touch of "I tried really hard to be a functioning adult" to my work outfits. I've also been obsessing over prints to decorate my wall with (I'm going through a bit of an interiors moment in general, mostly sparked by Lily Melrose's moving vlogs and desk tour). The bunnylope was a recent find at a print studio in Point Reyes and I absolutely love it. A bit of an antlerphile to begin with, I truly believe this is my spirit animal.

As we head into October I'm looking forward to more tea time, cozy socks, and am crazy excited for this calligraphy class I'm planning to take! Hope you all had a happy September and I'd love to hear your favorites from the month!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall