August Favorites





Wowee, it's the end of August and it's crazy to think that just 8 weeks ago I was romping around London living out of my backpack and today I've just finished up my lectures for the week and am sitting in my apartment buying textbooks online. August was a month of lots of change, as I moved back to my college town, really got into the nitty gritty with my marketing job at the store, and had my last first day of school yesterday (it's bittersweet!). In the midst of all of this I also had to get used to being a human again (as I've been in hibernation mode for quite some time now) and that's included getting up at the butt crack of dawn and putting on a face and non-yoga pants to socialize with friends, co-workers, and faculty.

Two of my holy saviors this month include the NYX Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait and the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Creamy Beige, both of which I featured on my blog in the past few weeks. They're perfect for slapping on in my dazed stupor at 6 am and not worrying about my face looking like a total mess. I've also replaced my poor outdated eyelash curler with this fancy shmancy one from Revlon. At first I thought it was awful, but with a couple weeks of intense finger workouts (aka trying to push it down as much as possible for it to work) it's finally loosened up a little and curls my lashes like a dream! And at the end of the days that keep getting longer and busier I've been extra careful to get all of my mascara off with the Isofurabon Makeup Cleansing Cream which I got as an extra when I purchased the face wash, and go to bed with a little smear of the little Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Lips to help keep my chapped lips to a minimum. In the spirit of living senior year up, I am pretty excited for most of my classes this semester (like the sociology of cultural perspectives of food?! Yes, please.) and I must say I did weirdly miss note-taking though my handwriting has suffered greatly from the months off. What have y'all been up to this past month, and what items did you love?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall