Essie Cascade Cool



Say hello to the newest addition to my expansive nail polish collection, a soft, almost muted neon blue-toned Barbie pink from Essie's Summer 2012 collection (throwback!). I had long lusted over Essie Splash of Grenadine, but after seeing it's pinker toned companion Cascade Cool I knew this was the one I needed to add to my collection. It's such a happy, bright orchid color that I keep staring at my nails as they dance away on my keyboard. I opted for this one over Splash of Grenadine because I've got enough lavenders to last me a lifetime that I wanted a color that I hadn't seen before. This particular shade is quite unique and I haven't been able to find any dupes though I've scoured through several drugstores in my area. As per application, I was afraid it might be a little runny but in fact this formulation was great. It glided on super shiny and was just right on the scale between too thick and too thin. Two coats gave awesome color payoff and no streaks! I know I'm already super stoked for autumn fashion and stocked up on the deep, vampy colors that I'll be pulling out soon but for now I'm perfectly satisfied soaking up the Indian summer we're having and rocking these bright nails!

7 comments

  1. That's such a pretty colour! I love pink nails haha. x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pink. You buy cool shade of pink. I recently purchased a pastel color from Rimmel.

    Stacy from www.stacyco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful pink - love this!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely at the top of my recommendation list!

    ReplyDelete

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall