Milani Teddy Bare Lipstick & Nude Liner


I know the whole "Kylie Jenner look" is getting a ton of attention recently, and though she isn't one of my personal style icons, I did try this new lip combo and immediately think back to all of those YouTube tutorial thumbnails I saw last week... Haha. Milani was having a BOGO 50% off sale at CVS and my friend, an avid enabler, urged me to get this lipstick-liner combo that intrigued me right off the bat. The Milani Nude Lip Liner is a little darker than my natural lip color, but a pretty standard product in a lipstick collection. It hasn't blown me out of the water but seems like a good match for what I really wanted to try which is the Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Teddy Bare. I'd call this a deep nude shade -- a sort of browny mauve that screams autumn neutral since the colder weather doesn't quite invite bright pinks and corals into my everyday routine. The formula is super smooth and creamy, and it is extremely pigmented so I've learned that tapping on a little bit and blending it out with my finger is the best way to get an even spread. Additionally, this lipstick smells just like Jolly Rancher candies which is always a plus in my book. It's definitely different from my usual pick of pink and berry-toned shades and I am slightly concerned that it makes me look a little dead if I don't pair it with the right blusher or enough mascara, but I really want to make it work so I am currently experimenting with different ways to wear it. I think it would look really great with a soft pink blush and deep, shimmery taupe smoky eyeshadows with highlighted inner corners and lots of black mascara. Maybe with my new black hat and a plaid shirt I could go for a soft grunge look while rocking this angsty dark nude lip this autumn.

5 comments

  1. This look really suits you! Unfortunately brown lips are a big no-no for me as I'm so pale! Xx

    Pillarbox Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks xx
      It's sort of intimidating to wear out because it's bold in a different sense than say a red, but I'm warming up to the idea of it!

      Delete
  2. The color looks great on you. I used to shy away from brown nudes but I've tried a few and I really love the way they look

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to hop on the trend and try out some more unusual colors for me!

      Delete
  3. Love the color !

    http://fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall