April Favorites


Buon Primo Maggio! April has been an interesting month culminating in my last day of school ever this week, as I wrapped up my undergraduate lectures and went out to celebrate the end of an era (queue dramatic music)Absolute craziness. Amidst all of the strange changes that have been going on, I've stuck by my tried and true favorites to simplify my everyday routine to get on with the more important things in life.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream. Bought it. Used it. Fell in love. Already featured it on the blog (multiple times). It's great. My face is soft, my skin feels nourished, it's no fuss. Get it.

Angel Kiss Lip & Cheek - Cutie Angel. This may be the only blush I've used all month -- the obsession is real. The cream formula lends itself to the perfect dewey flush of pink. It's lightweight formula and isn't sticky at all, so it's great paired with the Real Techniques stippling brush to brighten up my face every morning.

NYX Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder - Sunny. I didn't really get why people loved this product so much when I first tried to use it ages ago, but I think my contouring technique has improved tenfold since then. This gives the perfect amount of natural-looking definition without muddying up my face or making it look too harsh.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow - Nutty/Noisette. An oldie but a goodie, I've been in the mood for a more natural look lately featuring soft cheeks with long lashes and not much fuss elsewhere. This is the perfect one-swipe all-over-the-lid shade that gives just the right amount of depth to the eye.

3D Crest Whitestrips - Classic Vivid. My teeth have always been one of my biggest insecurities, but this month I wanted to take time to invest in myself and brighten my smile before graduation. I am actually pleasantly surprised at how effective the Crest Whitestrips were in lifting a lot of the staining, and the sensitivity was very minimal compared to what I had imagined. I think it's a great way to gain back some confidence!

Jazzybum. I stumbled across Jasmin (aka Jazzybum)'s YouTube channel this month and have literally binge-watched all of her videos from the past year in the past few weeks. I love how down-to-earth she is, she's kind of quirky, and gets my style. She's one of those "Omg can we actually be best friends and eat ice cream in our onesies before nerding out to Jeopardy on a girls-night-in" kinda gals, and I appreciate it.

ItsJudysLife. I cannot get enough of daily vlogs from ItsJudysLife! I know so many people who rave about her vlogs but I didn't get into them until very recently. Now I can't go a few days without wanting to catch up on Julianna, Miya and Kiera, and their adorable everyday adventures.

Flatlay insipration. I found this article about best flatlay photos on Instagram, and proceeded to discover @flatlays account shortly after. I really love how flatlays look but can never achieve what I envision for my own so I'm studying to get some pointers and inspiration for future reference!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall