Charcoal & Sugar Mask


A few weeks ago when I wrote about the Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask I also mentioned that I got the Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask. I've finally gotten around to trying it out and I must say, I continue to be impressed! After my skin went through a major dry spell I needed to exfoliate really badly to get rid of some gross forehead flakies. I didn't have many expectations for this, and initially thought it was weird that the instructions said to rub this on and let it sit for 5 minutes before massaging it off with water. This literally just feels like sugar in some gel, and it's super grainy so it's difficult to get an even layer on the skin like a mask. There were chunks of sugar falling into my skin as I tried to rub it across my face the first time I used it, but I've since learned applying thicker layers in smaller sections evens it out better. While it sits for 5 minutes it feels like it's melting into the skin, kind of like how coconut oil turns from solid to liquid in your palm. The real transformation is when washing off, though, as adding water makes the product super slick while the sugar provides a very gentle but effective exfoliation. The charcoal is the purifying agent, and I think it's what makes this feel really slippery and smooth which helps to wash away the graininess of the sugar. It's actually a really satisfying feeling washing my face with this because it leaves my skin feeling smooth, clean, and super nourished without overproducing oils afterwards. I didn't have initial high hopes for this mask but now that I've used it quite a bit I think I like it even more than the Avocado & Oatmeal one! Additionally, I know a lot of people like the St. Ive's exfoliators but those are way too coarse and damaging for regular use (or any use at all, according to the lady I spoke with at Sephora), so if you're ever in the market for a new gentle but effective exfoliator I definitely recommend checking this one out!

Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall