May Favorites


The only word to describe this past may is chaos. From spending disgusting amounts of time in the library studying for my last set of finals to graduating (three times, technically, for my double major and general commencement), going to about 15 graduation reception parties, attempting to find a job and moving back home, I was a busy bee this month! In the midst of all the madness, I did find some key players that helped me stay fresh and fine throughout the month of May. What were some of your favorites this past month?

Tarte Amazonian Clay 24 Hour Airbrush Foundation. When I want some coverage and smooth skin without all the effort of applying liquid foundation this is a great option. The powder is easily buffed in with the Airbuki brush and sinks into the skin to give a flawless finish and decent coverage. It doesn't require any precision or super blending techniques and is so lightweight it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything at all! Well worth the investment in my book.

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm (Elusive). I bought this a while ago and wasn't too enthused about it, so it went untouched for a few months but now that it's springtime the matte pink is back! I love how smooth and creamy this is, and the vibrant yet soft color is perfect for brightening up my face.

CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Waterproof Mascara. This mascara is my holy grail, go-to, no-brainer lash enhancer. It lengthens and volumizes my lashes like no other without clumping or transferring to the lower lash line throughout the day. It's a serious life-saver for those long days/nights and holds up well throughout all weather! Definitely a must-have for weird weather and grad party season.

Essie Good as Gold. I wanted to wear gold nails to rep my school colors for graduation, and this one was the perfect fit! It's a metallic gold that doesn't lean too yellow, so it matches a lot of different metals and is still super wearable with silver to mix and match. As per all Essie polishes I own the application was flawless and the slightly thicker formula worked really well with the metallic color!

Outremer Peche Eau de Toilette. I found this little sucker at Anthropologie and really liked the fresh, ripe peach scent and the little bottle that would be perfect for on-the-go spritzing (and freshening up in between all of those grad parties). The scent isn't the most long lasting, but it does make for a great pick-me-up during the day and I love the fruity vibes for spring/summer.


Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall