The Nude Nail Edit


I went through a little rut with my blog but now that school is done and I've got some time to myself, I am excited to start regularly painting my nails and posting photos again. What can I say? It's my favorite way to wind down and relax and bring a little glamour into my otherwise very mundane summer. As I am cleaning out my room at home in preparation for spending the summer here I'm really riding on the whole life cleanse wave. Along with a clean space, I'm really loving clean, nude nails. Here of are a few of my top picks to getting that chic mani that goes with any summer outfit (though I am definitely rocking those ridiculous brights on my toes!).

Wet n Wild Megalast - Private Viewing. This line is so affordable, and surprisingly really great! Private Viewing is a bit of a salmon-toned pinky nude. It's really shiny and not as sheer as I initially expected. About two or three coats for full opacity, and it wears pretty well.

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - Bare It All. I'm currently sporting this color and love the pinky creme formula. It's a great not-too-nude for us pale-skinned gals because of the pastel tones that don't lean too taupe. Loving this for a sweet, soft manicure!

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel - Bare Dare. This is the color that set off my nude nail obsession. I love the freshness and crispness of the white-beige color that doesn't look chalky at all. It's my first pick from the Miracle Gel line and I really like how smoothly this applies, though it does take 3 coats for full opacity. I have a feeling this is going to be my go-to color this summer!

China Glaze - Fast Track. For a little bit of sparkle in the summer, this one is a stunning sand shade with golden flecks throughout. I love how it amps up a neutral tone, but is still subtle and sophisticated.

Essie - Au Natural. The sheerest of them all! This is a pretty beige with a slight purple-pink reflective finish that goes on really sheer but is somewhat buildable to jelly-finish (definitely difficult to get rid of VNL though). It's nice as a top coat for other colors, or on its own to give that really polished pretty look to the fingertips.

Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall