My Favorite Red



I was recently contacted by the lovely Daphne from Subgenre of a Dream about doing a collaborative post on the classic red lip with a bunch of other beauty bloggers, and of course I had to say yes! I don't wear a red lip that often (it was a bit much for the hippie-granola vibe that's popular at my school) but now that I'm entering the real world I think it's a little luxury I can wear a lot more! The whole post (readable here!) has so many great recommendations that I will definitely be checking the other girls' picks out, but I thought I would go ahead and share my little spiel on Salt & Sail as well.

As with all makeup it takes a little while to figure out what shades suit your skin tone, especially when toying around with a red lip. I know tons of people swear by the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 107 as their go-to, but I'm sad to admit it's not the best match for my pale, yellow-toned skin and super dry lips. After dabbling around in the collection a bit more, though, I've finally found a red that better fits my look, personality, and lifestyle. Not too dark or drying, the shade 09 is my perfect berry-toned red that exudes sophistication and confidence without losing its playfulness by veering too far into the "classic" red lip category. The creaminess and opacity lends itself to a bright bold look, and the satin finish and berry tones are flattering against my skin. I like pairing this shade with grungy chic looks, monochromatic simplicity, and festive nights out, so it's my ultimate bold makeup bag multitasker!


Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall