Essence Lipstick 09


Love at first swatch strikes again; this time, barely escaping unrequited status. When I first came across this shade many moons ago there were none in stock aside from the tester in the little Essence display at my local Ulta. Gutted, I thought about purchasing it online many times until I returned to the store a few months later to find that there was one bullet left, and it had to be mine. I'm talking about the Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 09 Wear Berries, a subdued pink-leaning fuchsia shade that is perfect for a summer pop of color. The formula is super creamy and opaque, and lies just between matte and satin. It doesn't leave any noticeable shine or glossiness but also doesn't dry out the lips (and is also a lighter finish than the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks). The lasting time is descent considering it's a soft formula and the color is absolutely gorgeous on. The purple undertone is so different from anything else I own, and I think a subtle fuchsia is a great alternative to the staple summer coral. Not to mention at $2.99 a pop, this is the perfect lipstick to stock up on and chuck in the car, in a purse, in the makeup drawer, and just have on you at all times. I've been toting it around with me everywhere and I've worn it almost every day this week, so I will be sure to get a backup the next time I come across it! I'm also excited to try other colors from this range - Essence is fast becoming one of my favorite drugstore brands, it hasn't disappointed yet!


Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall