Summer Makeup Bag Collab!


I'm so excited to be bringing you a collaboration post on my blog today! I was very excited to be contacted by the wonderful Rachel from Rachel Shuchat Makeup, whose blog I read religiously (seriously, major blogcrush on her beautiful makeup shots - I wish I could take pictures of my face/makeup that looked that good!!), about doing a joint post. We decided it would be lots of fun to do something summer themed and take a peek into each other's summer makeup bags, so here we are today showing you our summer must-haves! Check out Rachel's post here! She seriously has the most amazing eye looks and explains everything so thoroughly I feel like I'm learning tips and tricks from a pro/friend every time I scroll through her blog for some inspiration. I could sit here and rave forever but you just need to go check it out yourself; in the meantime, let me get on with what's in my summer makeup bag.

THE BASE. For a light and dewey summer glow I start by livening up my face with my trusty Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer in the Brighter shade (the under eye bags are SO REAL... probably since I've been bingeing OITNB). Lightweight and creamy, it blends in like a dream and avoids the caked up look that comes from thicker consistency concealers. On top I just like to blend some Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum because it evens out my skin tone without being heavy. I picked this up last summer whilst in London since we can't get Bourjois in the States, but I may need to make a desperate ASOS or FeelUnique order to get my hands on a backup ASAP!

THEM APPLES. By which I mean apples of the cheeks (of course). Depending on the look I go for (usually determined by lip color) I switch it up between a very natural baby pink using Benefit Dandelion, which I just hit pan on BTW - don't know if I'm more excited or devastated, for bold lip days or the brighter and more coral Essence Silky Touch Blush in Life's a Cherry when I opt for a nude. Contour/highlight is achieved using my usual products from the Sleek Face Form in Light. The highlight shade, especially, gets lots of use in the warmer months!

THE EYES. Not a day that I've worn makeup has gone by without my pulling this out to use; the Urban Decay Naked palette is every girl's dream, and I just can't get enough. I love how I can create very light looks using colors like Sin or Half Baked, or really go in for the bronzed eye with Smog or a pinkier Toasted. Eyeshadow is great, but what I really love about eye makeup is curling my lashes and coating them with mascara. This beautiful rose gold curler from Tweezerman has made curling my lashes so much easier, and it really opens my eyes making me look instantly more awake. I strayed away from my usual CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume when restocking a few weeks ago to give the Clump Crusher a try, and though it does a fine job I will definitely be going back to LBV as soon as this tube is empty. However, waterproof mascara is always a must for me, especially in the summer months!

THE LIPS. I've realized I'm not one for really bold, in-your-face colors no matter how pretty the bright punchy corals look in the tube. Instead, an adventurous summer color for me is the Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 09 Wear Berries, which has become my recent obsession. I love the purple-fuchsia undertones in this pink lipstick, but it doesn't go too overboard with the brightness so I can wear it more comfortably on an everyday basis. If I'm feeling less inclined to wear something that stands out I like to opt for a light gloss, and the NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee is a great summer staple for a lush, effortless lip that feels extra moisturizing but doesn't slide off (great product for those prone to sunburn on the lips... aka me).

Welp, there you have my no-fuss everyday summer makeup bag that covers all the bases to give a light, effortlessly put together look! Again, thanks so much to Rachel for collaborating with me, and check out her blog here for more inspiration!! x



Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall