My Favorite SPF


I'm off to have a little family beach day today (finally - hooray! Not everyone in California lives in beachside mansions where it's sunny 24/7, ya know? Though I wish I did... Sometimes. I probably love @KarlTheFog too much though.) and I thought it would be the perfect occasion to introduce my favorite line of SPF. I have really sensitive skin with lots of dry patches that flare up if I get too much sun and am as pale as a rice cake, which I don't mind most of the time, but I do like getting a bit of color to look a little healthier in the summertime. Insert Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration line here.

First off, I absolutely freaking love the scent of this line - kind of a tropical coconut papaya vibe, totally fending off any gross traditional SPF scents. The regular SPF goes on so smooth and creamy, and I do think it lives up to its moisturization claims. I like using SPF 30 because I can get protection and color, and this smells and feels so good I don't mind reapplying every few hours. The Face SPF is the newest addition to my SPF game and though it goes on a little thicker than I expected, it's not too much of a fuss and gets along way better with my skin than the Neutrogena facial SPF that was the absolute worst. It's sort of tacky which actually acts like a nice primer for my makeup to stick to. And at the end of a long day outdoors I always seem to burn the tops of my shoulders and feet, which is when I bust out the After Sun. It's lightweight but cooling and for some reason feels way better than slapping on some regular lotion - I think it's the tropical scent and mint green color (haha). In any case, if you haven't yet tried the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration line yet this is your cue to do so!



Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall