Current Favorites #1


What more can I say than thank god it's Friday today. I got the day off work and have spent the entire day snuggled up in a sweatshirt and my trusty Lulus (letting my basic bitch flag fly free and high today) thanks to the well-timed onset of a little sick bug.

While I do love a good snooze-fest, the daily primp has also been a good dose of "me time" every morning before work. One of my foundation faves (Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless) just ran out and I was keen on trying something new, so I've been hardcore testing the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation. I really like the Airbrush powder version of this, but the thick mousse-like formula of the Full Coverage Foundation has a little more strength to get me through the work day. I like to smooth it on my skin with my fingers and then buff it in with the incredible It Cosmetics Airbrush Complexion Perfection brush for a natural, flawless base. Even my mom complimented the foundation change, so this must be doing it's thang!

Aside from fixing up my skin, enhancing my eyelashes is my favorite part about getting ready in the morning. Following the sudden disappearance of my Tweezerman ProCurl Eyelash Curler my eyelashes decided to go on strike against the drugstore alternative I had lying around, so I had to make a mad dash to the nearest Sephora to replace this rose gold beauty. I just feel so much more like myself after curling my lashes and adding a coat of mascara! Not to mention finally rocking my signature vampy nails again. Now that it's September I feel completely justified in bringing back the berry nail and my current pick is Sinful Colors Berry Charm.

Though I'm bummed I opted to miss out on a cabin trip this weekend, I'm actually quite excited for a long weekend in to rest and re-charge. As I wait for this pounding headache to go away I will be catching up on lots of Big Brother and some quality couch time this Labor Day weekend. Hooray!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall