Help: Everyday Tote!


Hey ladies, I need some honest to goodness #firstworldproblem advice. It's come time for me to replace my well-loved Longchamp Le Pliage and I'm at a bit of a crossroads.

The Longchamp Le Pliage Large is a cult fave choice for good reason —pretty sturdy (though mine did get holes in all the corners...), waterproof, fits the kitchen sink, and simple and understated like any Parisienne would covet in an everyday bag. The origami-style folding capability and gargantuan packing space of the Le Pliage has definitely served me well throughout my travels and college days, but is it time for a bit of a change?

Lately a newcomer has come across the nylon tote radar. The Barrington Savannah Zippered Tote in Axis, this adorable yet quite neutral and wearable fawn print, caught my eye and I can't seem to shake it. Sturdy nylon outer and pocketed canvas lining, Florentine leather handles, and customizable with a monogram (I think I've inherited some Southern sensibility from my grandparents though I definitely embrace the whole San Franciscan vibe). Not as simple as the Longchamp (and probably not as compact and foldable) but perhaps the details make this the more exciting everyday choice?

They are extremely comparable in price, both made of nylon to ensure waterproof performance, zip at the top, and will fit my clunker of a 15" Macbook Pro. The question is, which seems like the more practical investment? I'd love some input, especially if anyone owns a Barrington bag, because my own indecisiveness will drive me insane. Halp!!



BARRINGTON Savannah

$165
17.5"L x 12"H x 5"D
Strap drop: 9.25"

LONGCHAMP Le Pliage Large

$145
12.25"L x 11.75"H x 7.5"D
Strap drop: 8.5"




Products mentioned:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Salt & Sail
Maira Gall